Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Kite Festival

Every year as part of the Cherry Blossom Festival, DC holds a Kite Festival on the National Mall. We've been every year that we've lived here and it's always amazing to see so many people out with their kids trying to fly kites. Taylor always tries to get ours to fly and is always unsuccessful (he says he got the kite up once this year but apparently I missed it and there's no picture to prove it). Maybe it's not his fault though since I let Ethan pick out the Elmo kite that cost $2.
This year we met Taylor's Business School group there and had a fun time hanging out.


Ethan gave up on the kite after a while and had more fun playing in the rocks with Trey's son Kyle. Isaac hated every minute since it was cold and windy and spent most of his time covered up with binky in mouth in the bjorn. Every time I peeked in to check on him, he gave me a very mad look like I should close the blanket flap and stop letting the wind in.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I remember when we went to the kite festival with you years ago when Ian was a baby. Okay that wasn't so many years ago. but it was fun. I think we may still have our free kite.