Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Isaac's Happy Place


Isaac absolutely loves to stand up and therefore is always very happy when we're holding him and he can stand up on our laps. He has even discovered that he can arch his back and thus refuse to be forced to sit down. At church on Sunday I was trying to set him down in his carseat and he arched his back so I couldn't even bend him under the bar and get him in. Sadly, I'm still smarter than him and just put him through the top.

Last week when I was trying to make dinner and he was wailing about how terrible his life is since he'd been set down on the floor on his back, I remembered that we have a walker Ethan used. So I pulled it out and set him it and I have never seen him so happy. He can barely reach the floor with his toes, but he arches his back and sits/stands in the walker and can play with his toys and stay upright like he likes. The added bonus is that Ethan thinks the walker is a little "Isaac car" as he calls it and he loves to push him around the house (thus entertaining 2 for the price of one!).

2 comments:

Kim said...

That sounds exactly like Dasha! She hasn't gone so far as the back-arching yet, but she's pretty good at having stiff legs that are difficult to bend. She HATES laying down on her back or tummy!

Janelle said...

This post cracked me up! I'm glad you found the walker and Isaac's "happy place".