Friday, October 25, 2013

Milo and his Minions

I can't resist throwing birthday parties for my kids.  They love them and talk about them year-round and really there's way too many cute party ideas on Pinterest for me to pass up.  So when October rolled around and Miles started talking about his party, Minions seemed the perfect theme.
My little shadowed was very "helpful" setting up everything... mostly entertaining me with her cuteness.
Grams and Grandpa came by early since they couldn't stay long.
Come on in!  We're all ready!
First the kids got to cut and glue paper minions together.
Oh no!  The cookie robots have invaded!
There were lots of cute cake ideas but I was just too busy so these twinkie cupcake minions did the job.  Cute and easy!
Once I started scouring the web for ideas I couldn't pass up all these ridiculously creative minions.  Just google image minion characters and you'll get everything from hulk the minion to ballerina minions.
So I made banner- lots of them since I couldn't choose my favorites.

And Taylor brought everyone minions shirts last year when he was away at a law conference so even he dressed up to match the party.
The kids played minion bowling.
And pin the mustache on the minion.
Some decided they'd rather stick them on themselves.
And then we played the carnival spaceship shooter game that the little girls play in the movie.
And then we sang and ate.

12 little cousins, siblings, and friends.  Lots of fun and chaos!
And some mess too!
Here's our 2012 cousin twins Lyla and Isla.
And then while I cleaned up the food, Taylor helped Miles open the presents.
The gift bags turned out cute.
And after everyone left there was a lot of playing.
And some Minion movie watching.
And finally some lego building.  A perfect party and a happy little boy.

No comments: