Friday, June 21, 2013

She's a Walker

Nearly 8 years ago when Ethan was barely 8 months old, I spent 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with him by my side.  And then one Saturday morning I left for a few hours to go to a Relief Society activity.  And Ethan started to walk.  Without me!!!  Taylor turned on a football game and ignored Ethan and he just started walking.  That trend has continued with our other kids and even though I spend almost every waking moment with them, I seem to always miss the big milestones.  
Isla has been taking steps for months now.  She crawled in January- literally the day we got home from Chicago.  And I'd hoped she would walk by spring so I could dress her in cute little dresses and they wouldn't get destroyed outside.  She started taking steps in April, and more in May, and more in June.  
But she just didn't seem that interested.  She'd walk if someone was on the floor to play with her, but then she'd get back down and crawl.  All our other kids crawled for one month and then were walking within that month.  She crawled for 5 months- very cute, and sometimes like an elephant, and sometimes she'd freak out when her Sunday dress would get in the way :) and I'd laugh, but still crawling.
Even with my parents here for Ethan's baptism.  Even being outside for camping and hiking.  She crawled.
And then I left for 1 1/2 days to run RAGNAR... and she started walking.  Of course!  I left the kids with my sister in law and I can only guess that Isla got bored or Esther was busy taking care of the other kids.  Whatever it was, she started walking and never looked back.  Seriously didn't crawl another day at all.  It makes me laugh.  And truly I'm not sad I missed it.  I saw her take steps, and the best part is that now... she walks!  And she's so cute in her little dresses!

No comments: