Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lunar-oriented or just plain Looney?

When we went to the hospital to have Ethan, we were surprised to see how full it was. They even put me in a triage room first before deciding I really was in labor and therefore really could occupy one of their precious rooms. One of the nurses made the comment in passing that it was a full moon and it had been crazy for the past few days. We didn't put too much stock in this comment but did think it was a little funny. I really hadn't thought about that again until the night Isaac was born. Taylor's parents were in town for Christmas and I was feeling fine so we all decided to go for a walk around the White House Elipse to see the Christmas trees from each state. It was a beautiful walk but I did notice that the moon was very full that night and Taylor and I both had a good laugh. So today when I was reading the paper and checking the projected weather for the week, the lunar calendar caught my eye and guess what? The next full moon is set to start to hit at exactly 6:11 am on Sunday October 4th. So we'll see how looney I am this time. Ethan was exactly 1 1/2 days after the exact full moon. Isaac was exactly 5 1/2 hours after it hit and this baby is dead on in his projection right now. Tragically I'm now in Utah so hopefully every other mormon mom (all 5 million of them or so) out there won't decide to go into labor with me the same Conference/Full Moon Sunday when every doctor is busy. Can't wait! Here's a link so you can check how "looney" you are!
http://www.moonphases.info/full_moon_calendar_dates.html

2 comments:

Nikki said...

He he. I always make jokes to Dave about how the kids always act up in church when it is a full moon. I hope the babe comes soon!

treen said...

Well, I don't know about a full moon at the time, but I spent the Sunday sessions of General Conference 2 years ago in labor with Marnie. And then she was born on Monday. So good luck!