Sunday, July 26, 2009

3 shorts months with a sister nearby

One of the reasons I was really excited for this summer is that my younger sister Kristina lives in Provo. In past years it's been fun to see her but she has been working so it really wasn't that often. She had her first baby in March though and has been staying home with him so I was excited to have more time with her. It actually worked out great because her husband had to work Saturdays and Taylor was usually studying for the BAR on Saturdays so I had a automatic buddy. She came up and we worked on projects or we'd go down and hang out there with her. It was always wonderful and I will truly miss having her this close.
Wednesday they moved to southern Illinois where her husband is starting a Masters Program in Psychology. She spent the night with us Tuesday while her husband started the long trek across country in their rented truck. It was also her birthday last Sunday so the boys and I spent the afternoon baking her pig cookies. There's no explanation besides she used to like pigs as a child and I thought these were really cute. They actually turned out great- just sugar cookies died pink with a little bit of frosting and M&M eyes. I'd prefer a little more frosting but if you're one of those who hates frosting, you'll love these. My boys couldn't get enough and have been begging for "piggy" cookies all week.
Here's her sweet little Evan. I can't wait for another cuddly baby.
Isaac really likes him too- okay so maybe he just wants to sit close so he can take his binky.
Good Luck Kristina and Fred! We'll know you'll do great and you'll love being part of the East Coast/Midwest Kitchen group. We're sad to miss out on the holidays together but glad someone could take our place!

1 comment:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

I love those piggie cookies - Sarah you are so talented!! Little Evan looks so much like your boys... ok, maybe he looks more like Isaac.