Sunday, May 11, 2008

The world according to Ethan

Ethan has had us laughing all afternoon. Taylor picked him up from Nursery and we got in the car and he announced: "I no live in Salt Lake, I live in DC!" (we assume one of his teachers was asking him about where he's going for the summer) And when Taylor asked where daddy lives, Ethan's reply was "at school". To the query, where does mommy live? "at da pardment". Halfway home, he yelled "mommy, hey look at dis" and I turned around to find him with his knee bent and an empty water bottle balancing on it (Taylor was more impressed with this than me and made me include it in the blog). Ethan has also gotten into this habit of tripping and getting muddy right before church. He honestly has tripped every Sunday since Christmas (that's when we got him the new shoes which are slightly too big and probably to blame). So this morning as we walked out the door Taylor said to me "I'm betting he doesn't make it up the stairs". I bet he would but that he'd fall before getting into the car. Surprisingly we were both wrong. And he made it all the way into church and out of church and even all the way home- and then he was running too fast and ran right into the door and fell over. Poor guy, at least he's only clutsy on Sundays. And last of all, after we had packed up our tiny car and Taylor was ready to leave to make the drive to Utah solo, he came back down for hugs and kisses. Ethan gave them happily and as Taylor walked out the door yelled: "bye! Thanks for comin!" He's a funny one.

No comments: