Saturday, January 5, 2008

Isaac is Here!


So after much delay due to lack of sleep and needing to recuperate, I'm finally posting some pictures. Isaac was born on Christmas Eve morning at 7:10am. Technically I went into labor Sunday night around 10:00 but the contractions didn't really bother me until about 1:00. We arrived at Georgetown University Hospital around 2am and they stuck us in a triage room instead of labor and delivery because I was smiling (they later told us they were sure they were going to send us home because no one in actual labor comes in smiling). Much to their surprise I WAS having actually contractions 3 minutes apart and I was dilated to a 6. So we got ourselves a nice labor room. They stuck me 5 times before they could get the IV in (they had to end up calling in the anesthesiologist to do it) and for everyone in our ward, it ended up being Matt Pinegar who was on duty. So he was a welcome sight after all the poking and he did it on the first try. Yeah Matt! He also did my epidural and my water broke a half hour later. At 10 to 7 the nurse decided that she'd help remind me how to push by "practicing" once before her shift was over. Tragically for her, after just 2 practices, they saw the head and she had to rush out to get a doctor. I was left alone with Taylor and with stict instructions to NOT PUSH! The doctor got there a few minutes later and after just 4 small pushes, Isaac was out. Yeah for easy labor! So Issac ended up being a clone of Ethan 7 pounds 7 ounces, and 21 inches long. He even looks exactly the same as Ethan's baby pictures. One amazing difference though is that he knows how to self-sooth. Ethan screamed for 10 hours straight the first day in the hospital. Isaac calmed himself down after just a few minutes. Yeah! Enjoy the pictures! Thanks for all the calls and meals. We're having a great time hanging out as a family and taking lots of naps when we can get them in.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

He's adorable! I'm glad labor went so well -- that's hilarious about you smiling. Let us know if you need anything!

Nikki said...

Congrats! He is beautiful.. They told me the same thing when I had Ian oh you are smiling they will probably send you home. Anyway glad everything went well! Welcome cousin Isaac.

Kelli and Dana said...

Hey he's really cute. Good job guys! What do you mean all the pictures? I only see one. I demand more pictures! Get Taylor on that one:) Love you guys and hello Isaac...you'll never be bored in this family!

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Yay! Amazing how much he and Ethan look alike! He's beautiful. I've been seriously checking everyday for pics! I would drop by (I don't know if Taylor told you) but I caught a virus in Hawaii. As you would say, "Tragic!" : ) Love you guys, and CONGRATULATIONS! (Oh! Tiana can't get on your blog and she too is waiting for pics of your little one!!)

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Oh! I'm so HAPPY delivering Issac was so easy. What a great blessing that he's such a good baby too!

James said...

Congratulations! I love stories of low pain labor, it give me hope.