Thursday, February 25, 2016

Random February

Every Valentine's day I try to make Taylor a homemade card with family pictures.  Pinterest is a great idea shop for me and that's where I got the raining hearts idea.  
But don't fool yourself.  I spent HOURS cutting hearts, taping them to floss, tieing them onto umbrellas, then trying to unwind them as they got tangled and tangled and tangled.  
But in the end I think it was worth it.



Rain of Shine, Taylor will always be my Valentine.
Another highlight of the month is writing little cards to anyone and everyone.
The kids spend hours writing short notes, adding stickers, stamps, and envelopes, and then delivering them to their "mailboxes".  My favorite is finding them on my pillow late at night.  Can't ask for more than a love note from a little one.
More snowshoeing pics.  The ice on these branches was just brilliant in the early morning sun.
And don't fool yourself by thinking this trail is anywhere near the ground.  We're up at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon and the snowpack on this day was at 8 feet.  That's walking on top of 8 feet of packed down snow.  And anywhere you step that's not packed down, it's the most glorious, fluffy, sink in fun ever.

Of course my boys are oblivious to the fact that it's cold outside.  They love sleeping without shirts and I admit I find it hilarious to walk in on them playing the wii.  Lots of teeny muscles, not enough fat.

No matter what's wrong in your world, sitting with dad fixes everything.
Superbowl at Sam and Mack's was fun but a little packed and a little long, so it was nice to cuddle with this little bug.
School Valentines boxes.  Ethan wanted a football field for the Super Bowl winners.
Miles wanted a Nintendo DS.
Isaac wanted the Ute basketball arena, and he specifically wanted everyone to throw their valentines in through the hoop.

Not too hard this year.
More snowshoeing.
This time up to donut falls, which in the winter doesn't look like much but in the summer this place is a bouldering/rock climbing crazy mess of people.  But in winter it was a little steep but you just kind of walked up the snow- and slid down on your bum.
And the prize waiting at the top but the donut falls cave.


Quite amazing.
Ahh... boxtops.  The bane of my existence.  I volunteer on my boy's school PTA and part of my job is to collect and count the boxtops.  Unfortunately since I didn't end up with any help on the other jobs I had, this one kind of got ignored and pushed to the back burner until I absolutely had to count them and get them sent in in time for the deadline.  So one LONG Saturday, the whole family pitched in (even Taylor who made this nifty sorting tape table) and counted them all.  11,546 later we were finally done.  All bagged up in fifties.  UGH!
Neighbors date to see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.  It was Faith Wallis' birthday and this is what she wanted to do.  It was actually hilarious and super fun to do with everyone.
Sneak attack from the little princess.
Someone stole my phone.  Oh well, at least she's quiet and entertained during sacrament meeting.
Reading comics with dad and grandpa.  I love that they're all 3 laughing together.
A  few later we went back to Donut Falls for our hike.  It was even more spectacular the second time.
The ice crystals and icicles hanging and dripping water were breathtaking.  I need a better camera to do them justice.

And of course we ignored this sign and went on up.
Ahh!  Warm sun and snuggly brother.  Best things in the world.


No comments: