Monday, January 4, 2016

Grand Cayman

After Costa Rica we had a relaxing day at see and then our final day off the ship in the Grand Caymans.  Taylor really wanted to scuba dive on the trip and this was the only place it was even offered so off he and Clint went.  I wanted to take the boys out to snorkel sting ray bay and Isla couldn't go because of her age.  Luckily Esther and Arty and Mack and Sam and kids were happy to have her join them at the beach.





Cause let's be honest, what's a 4th child when you're already chasing 3 around?  And she's got great dance moves too!


I actually have to admit I'm totally impressed with Arty managing 3 of the 4 all by himself while the girls went shopping.
Meanwhile I was off with the 3 boys.  There's this sandbar about a mile off the main island and sting rays naturally end up there and so do all the tourist boats.  
All the boys got suited up with life jackets and then off they swam to see what was going on.  Most of the adults could touch.

The guides have small octopus and fish to feed to the sting rays so they come right up and swim next to you looking for food.
There's Milo reaching out to touch one.  I truthfully couldn't get great pictures because I didn't want to bring my phone out into the water.  So I let the boys venture out first and took pictures as quick as I could since no real adults were out there looking after them.
Isaac, my chicken, was absolutely not interested in touching or even getting close to the sting rays.  But he was impressed with the waves and happy to get blown around by the waves.

Then we were back on the boat and getting suited up to snorkel.
Ethan and Isaac decided they weren't interested at all and would rather stay on the boat.  So it was just Miles and I and the fishes in the water.
Of course the good part of this was that Ethan could take pictures of us.

Then we were back on the boat.  The boys wanted to sit on the front to eat their snacks.
But eventually we ended up back inside where I could manage them better.  It was actually really hilarious on our cruise how many times people were utterly flabbergasted that we had 4 kids.  Doesn't seem to hard or foreign to me, but apparently it is just insane!
Our last stop was at Rum Beach where we had lunch and played in the water and sand.





Then a long boat ride back where luckily the boys were happy to play their card game.
And pass out in the bus on the ride home.

No comments: