Saturday, November 2, 2013

Football Boy

Ethan has loved playing football this fall.  I have loved hanging out on the sidelines and letting Isaac, Miles, and Isla get lots of playtime outside with friends while I chat and make my own friends.  It's been great to see Ethan make new friends too and learn a lot about the game.
I love his tiny legs and how the shoulder pads actually make him shapely instead of just being a beanpole.
At the end of the 3 month season, the team mom threw a party for everyone.  Here's Ethan with his good friend Tate.
They all passed around footballs and signed their name so everyone would get a keepsake of the season.

Then the coach called them each up individually to tell the team what they'd been really good at during the season and how they'd improved.
I love how the coach treats him like his own son.
His coaches consisted of 1 grandfather of a player, 1 dad, 2 uncles and then 2 other player's dads.  It was a great group and I have never had seen amazing, devoted, kind, fun coaches.
After dinner and all the actual football stuff it was time for dodgeball- coaches and adults vs. all the players and siblings.  
Hilarious fun!


No comments: