Friday, April 26, 2013

The 8 year old birthday boy

Someone forgot the flash!  Oh well, it's the only pic I have of them all waiting patiently (or not) on our bed at 6:30 am to open birthday presents.
Legos, legos, more legos.
Wii games and science experiments and lots of smiles.
We didn't throw Ethan a big party this year but instead let him choose 3 friends to go on an outing with him.  He chose a local amusement park with rides and laser tag and Taylor went along with them.  Of course that means no pictures of the fun but I've been assured by all it was a blast.
And so we could all celebrate, we invited the whole family to Chuck E. Cheese.  Grandpa is seriously in love with Isla.  He barely ever asked to hold my boys, but this little girl gets carted around non-stop by him.  So cute.
Taylor and Clint spent almost the whole night here shooting hoops.  Competitive much?
Isaac was all about the tickets and was in awe of Esther who returned to the table with over 500 tickets she got by asking I guy who was fixing one of the machines if she could have the tickets inside.  Being cute and blond with an English accent seems to work out well for her.
See!  How could you resist her?
Isla's on the move.  She's taking tentative steps- 3 or 4 at a time.  We're hoping she walks soon!
I do love that my boys are excited to spend time with each other and Isaac is just as excited for Miles that he's doing well as he would be if he was playing the game himself.
The whole Utah gang- Barb and Clint, Arty and Esther, Gram and Grandpa, and our family.
We love living close to family and I'm so grateful they take the time to be with my kids.  They can't have too many people who love them and will be there to support them later!
Since we weren't doing a real party, I didn't make a big cake but instead asked what kind of a dessert Ethan would like.  "A giant cookie with m&m's and blue frosting.  Tadaa!
Happy Birthday my big boy! (he won't let me call him little anymore)


No comments: