Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Angry Birdie Boys

This turned out to be our 2nd activity and actually took 2 days because of the drying process.  First we went outside and hunted for small stones.  Washed them, and then painted them in the colors of angry birds.
The boys were actually pretty careful and kept the table mostly clean.  It has been a little tricky this year with timing.  Last year I could just stop what I was doing and devote all my attention to the kid's activity.  This year I have to make sure Isla is down for a nap.
The next day we used Sharpies to add faces to the birds and piggies.
We carried out their box of wooden blocks. (This is a fun idea and the kids were WAY excited but I wasn't crazy enough to think it was a good idea to have them shooting rocks in our house.)
They built castles and set the piggies in place.
And then the shooting began.


And the spontaneous cheers!  They really loved this and spent hours outside building and shooting.  Sadly I took the angry bird rocks away when we brought the blocks in (since I don't want them being shot IN the house).  But I'm planning to pull them out in another week or so and I expect they'll be just as excited to play again.

No comments: