Friday, September 24, 2010

September Weekday Busyness

These photos were actually taken on Ethan's very first day of school. Isaac and Miles helped me drop him off and then we came home. Miles went down for his morning nap and Isaac disappeared. I was drilling holes into cupboards to attach baby proofing knobs so I didn't really notice until my house was eerily quiet- and at 9:30 in the morning no less!
This is what I found in Isaac's bedroom doorway. He's started to line up cars...
And then he gave up, climbed in his crib and mourned the loss of his older brother and playmate. Luckily binkies are an acceptable alternative to Ethan. He stayed there almost an hour and then finally decided to come out and play on his own. Poor thing, he wants to be grown up so badly.
Luckily for him he only had to wait until the next morning to have his own school friends to entertain him. These are his Joyschool classmates. L to R: Jesse, Cole, Connor, and Eli. Seriously how cute are they? Isaac loves joyschool and I love both teaching and having free days.
Okay this picture doesn't really have anything to do with anything but I love it. I mean come on, look at the look on Miles' face. Taylor's cutting his nails and poor thing looks like he's petrified.
We all miss Ethan when he's at school. He really is a good older brother. Miles ADORES him. Ethan frequently lays down on the ground and lets Miles crawl all over him.
They make funny faces and blow kisses to each other.
And Miles uses him as a road for his cars. And when Ethan inevitably laughs, this makes Miles do it even more. These two are really cute to watch together.
Someone might need a haircut very soon- or maybe I should use more dryer sheets.
Ethan gets out early on Fridays- 10:35 in the morning and he doesn't have Spanish school that day either so I have dubbed Fridays our "Fun" day. So we've been picking up Ethan from school and heading off to fun activities- the zoo, the Children's museum, or just having friends over for play dates. It's been great and even though Miles misses his nap, we all love Fridays.
Now if I could just convince Miles to NOT put all the toys in his mouth!!!

No comments: