Monday, September 20, 2010

Off to Kindergarten

September 1st was a much anticipated day for Ethan. He had his first day of Kindergarten! Real school! The week before we went to an open house at the school and he got to meet his teacher and see his classroom. Ethan's one question to me as we were driving there was "Do we have to speak Spanish at Kindergarten?" Now that's a worry I can handle.
Several of my neighbors have told us we hit the teacher jackpot with his teacher Mrs. Bitner. Apparently she taught 1st grade for years at Dillworth Elementary and then retired. She was so good though that they begged her to come back and so now she works just half days in the Kindergarten. Ethan LOVES her! And that makes me love her.
Kindergarten is only 3 hours each day so he's also doing his Spanish preschool 3 afternoons a week. It makes for lots of driving but he loves both his schools and seems very happy making new friends and having new experiences.
I get little snippets here and there of what is going on in their classroom "it was C day today because it was Clait's birthday and we got to have treats" or "there are only 2 caterpillars left in our aquarium all the rest have turned into Chrysalises". It sounds like they're having fun. My favorite was when he came home to tell me that they'd had music that day "and we sang this B-I-N-G-O song! Do you know that one? It's awesome! And then you have to clap instead of saying the letter!" So cute to hear about his fun days.
Isaac couldn't help jumping in the picture too and since he started Joyschool the day before Ethan went off to Kindergarten I guess he deserves a first day of school picture too. I love his expression in this on though!

No comments: