Friday, June 19, 2009

Joyschool Graduation

If you're not Tiana, Jacky, or Gina you should take another look at that photo. I admit I had to, and then I nearly fell off the chair laughing. Sadly, since we moved the end of April, Ethan missed the last month and a half of Joyschool and he missed his graduation. But since those 3 moms are such amazing ladies and such wonderful friends, they went to all the trouble of creating an "Ethan cutout" so that he could vicariously attend graduation.
It makes me almost cry thinking of all the wonderful times Ethan had in each of their homes. He truly loved Ches, Elise, and Mark and I couldn't think of 4 better kids to have had together. They were all such individuals and yet blended so well and really loved each other. I loved having them in my home and loved sharing in their joy of life and learning. The realization of how perfect that preschool experience was for Ethan has really sunk in lately as I've been checking out various preschools around Salt Lake. We live in a fairly affluent neighborhood and there's no one interested in doing a playgroup and definitely not in doing Joyschool. They're all willing to shell out the cash to send their kids to preschool. It seems we'll be doing the same and the more I've been looking, the more I appreciate how wonderful it was for Ethan to never have been bullied at Joyschool, to always have been treated kindly by his teachers who I believe truly loved him and were always so patient with him and his little idiosyncracies. He was always so excited to go to Joyschool and so excited to tell me all the fun things they'd done that day. I hope I can find a group like that for Isaac someday.
Joyschool was truly such a blessing and that's due in large part to the 3 wonderful women who shared their time, homes, children, and love with us. Thank you again Tiana, Jacky, and Gina. We will always have fond memories of Joyschool and I will always be grateful for the wonderful and joyful beginning it gave Ethan.

2 comments:

Tiana said...

Such kind words, Sarah. It really is sad that it is all over. I am making a JS Grad/year video that I will send to you when it is done. Plus, I have to give props to Jackie, she made the Ethan cut out all by herself. We wish you all could have been there for real. Thank you for all that you did for our kids. It really was such a great thing. The kids were so excited to have Ethan there with him. Ches still asks if Ethan is all done at his Grandpas house and coming home. Maybe we will see you next time we visit.

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

It would not have felt right without you guys there in some form! You expressed it just right - it was a wonderful JoySchool group/mix of personalities. You are such a great teacher - organized & patient, and Ethan is truly a joy - happy, helpful, thoughtful, quick to share. He was always full of fun things to say! This was a really sweet post - we're are going to miss our little JoySchool group so much!