Thursday, May 28, 2009

And the Baby verdict is.....

...nope, sorry, had you fooled there for a second with the pink but nope- no girl. Number 3 will be another boy. I have to admit I had my hopes up that this next child would be dressed in these cute outfits that I've been saving since Ethan's baby shower. Especially since the Marriott's, Chinh's, and Nemelka's all went from 2 boys to a girl.
I'm starting to think maybe holding on to these clothes for over 4 years is jinxing us. Seriously. This little crocheted pink outfit was given to me by a sister I worked with in the temple while I was pregnant with Ethan. I should never guess at a person's age but she had to have been at least in her 70's. Her mother passed away a month before Ethan was born and she brought this tiny little pink sweater and cap to me soon thereafter. Apparently she had been cleaning out here mother's home and found this outfit in an old hopechest. So she tells me she's the only girl that was born in her family and she's only had boys and her sons have only had boys so she assumes her mother was saving this to pass down to the next girl in line only there haven't been any for 3 generations! And since we were having a girl (or supposed to be) she gave it to me. It almost made me cry (which isn't hard to do when you're pregnant) but seriously the picture doesn't do it justice, it's really the most delicate, beautiful little thing and I was so excited for our first child to wear it... and then somehow our "girl" that we'd seen in 2 different ultrasounds became a "boy". Surprise! So I'm thinking maybe these pink clothes are cursed and I'd like to know if that sister's family has since had a girl or not since they passed the cursed sweater onto our family. Any takers??? Just kidding, I still can't part with them.

I'm actually really fine with the news. Taylor's parents came with us to the ultrasound since we were all in town for graduation. No one was watching the screen as the nurse made the gender announcement, they were all looking at me waiting to see if I'd cry. But in the true spirit of having been raised a cheap Kitchen, the first thing that pops into my head is "Oh well, it's not a girl, at least now I won't be conflicted with buying pink clothes or buying a house". And since I already have 2 boys that are VERY skilled at jumping off couches and throwing balls off the balcony, I think a 3rd won't be too much extra work. I am excited to be settled someplace where I can finally paint and be able to decorate- even if it's blue.
Now all we have to do is find a good name. Girls are easy- I've been collecting ones I like over the past 4 years. Boys, not so much. And since we seem to be collecting vowels, Taylor has decided maybe we should continue that theme. So far we have an E and an I. If our last name was MacDonald I think we'd have to go for another E so we'd end up with E,I,E,I,O. But since tragically our last name is Woodbury we'll not be taking that path. We will be accepting all votes and opinions. My mother has requested that we please not name him something that ends with AN. So far, of her 8 grandsons, she has an Ian, Ammon, Ethan, Nathan, and Evan. But hey mom, Owen ends in EN right? That won't be hard to remember when you get senile right?
So for now, baby O says hi! Quite literally! This is my favorite shot of him from the ultrasound. He was quite entertaining during the whole appointment. He'd curl up his arms and feet like he was going to do a backwards somersault and then lay back out flat. He refused to turn over no matter how much the nurse pushed on him and she even made me get up at one point to jump around the room hoping he'd change positions. Of course he didn't so we'll be going back for another one since they couldn't get a good shot of his abdomen to check his heart and other organs. Not a problem for me- I'll just make them check one more time that he's really a boy!

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Cute baby pic.!! I like the name Owen, it is very cute. Hey let me know what kind of things you will need for this baby. since I know after 2 boys things get a little trashed.

Tiana said...

Oh my goodness!! Another boy! Be careful, they might be cursed. My Aunt had a little girl outfit she hung on to through all FIVE boys. She later decided it was cursed. Just "give it away" so it is in another house. ;) But I agree, that pink crocheted outfit is too precious to give away really.

Congrats.

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Congratualtions!! That is so exciting. And you really did have fooled there for a bit with that pink dress! You guys are so funny about the vowel names. (we tend to like those too : ) Owen is great name!

MamaLove said...

Many Congrats....at least you won't have to worry about dates for your daugther only now worry about your sons meeting crazzee gals!!! HA!
Ahhh no worries there is a gal in our ward that after 4 girls there 5th baby and last is a bOY!
love ya and soo sorry we missed your departure!

Gina said...

I love that you are having another boy! Boys are so fun and everyone says more work in the beginning, but you don't have the crazy hormones during the teen years! I really enjoy a good dose of vibrant energy that boys bring. Maybe the next one will be a girl? Congratulations!

Necia said...

Has Mom made any requests for no girls ending with AN? :)