Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Joyschool

I just have to give a shout-out to all the great moms who teach with me. It's been such a blessing in my life (and Ethan's as well) to be able to do Joyschool. Ethan is in heaven! He has the social interaction that he craves and is learning a little on the side too. I love getting to teach again as well as having a little time just with Isaac (I had forgotten how easy it was to shop with an infant who isn't asking for something every 5 seconds and grabbing things off every store shelf).
Last week we were learning about "discovering" and I got to teach magic tricks. Let's just say I'm no David Copperfield but the kids sure thought I was. Ches was so cute and would say "Abakadaba" every time I waved my wand. Mark was determined to figure out how every trick worked, and Elise was the perfect audience. Sadly, Ethan missed the magic becuause Taylor had to take him to the doctor for an ear infection but he loved walking in the house and finding all his friends there.
On a funny note, Taylor took Ethan to a hockey game this week with some Law School friends. He told me that the first few times someone got slammed into the glass or started a fight, Ethan got really wide-eyed and Taylor could hear him mumbling "we never hit, or kick, or push". Yeah for Joyschool! Maybe the lessons really are sinking in!
And in case anyone was wondering, it's not a good idea to let 2 and 3 year olds fingerpaint unless you're ready for lots of clean-up.

1 comment:

Jacqueline Auna and family said...

Oh, what a sweet post - it really warms my heart. I agree with you that this has been the best thing for our little toddlers! Elise looks forward to each class so much, and I think I enjoy it more than the kids too! I admire all you moms so much, thank you for all you are teaching us! It's helping me be a better teacher & parent to my own kids. I have lots of ideas now. Elise REALLY missed Ethan when you guys were gone. : )