Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Personal Haircut

Soooo..... this little one decided it would be a good idea to cut her OWN hair.  
Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
In truth it was a long sequence of bad events.  First she discovered and fell in love with scissors.  And I allowed her to cut blank paper into millions of pieces.  Then, Taylor's great aunt came to visit and Isla was cutting paper and she invited Isla to give her a hair cut.  Seriously!  Held her hair out and everything!  Even after I freaked and said no way.  And then last in the sequence was mom getting desperate to go grocery shopping and leaving Ethan to babysit, assuming that all the kids would be good and watch TV.  Unfortunately Isla found herself a pair of scissors and cut her own hair.  Luckily it's not too high.
She's still a little mad it has to be evened out.  Ok and I might have made her feel a little bad about her cutting it.  Like really bad.  I was a bad mother.  I noticed it while we were out to dinner and promptly took her into the bathroom to hold her up in a mirror and show her what she'd done.  I did also (bad mother moment) tell her she was no longer a princess because princesses have long, beautiful hair.  Gasp!  I know.
So when we came out to the table and Isla started to cry and ask Taylor if she could still be "daddy's plincess" with short hair of course he melted and said yes.  And then stared daggers at me.  Apparently I do not have the authority to unmake her a princess- especially not daddy's princess.  Ooops!  Hopefully she won't do it again though!
In the end it turned out cute and nice for our Christmas trip with lots of swimming.

No comments: