Saturday, April 25, 2015

Ethan's Birthday Party

Ethan really wanted to take some friends up to the Air Force Museum for his party but since it's over an hour away, it just wasn't going to work.  He still wanted a military theme though so I made camoflauge cupcakes with little icing clouds on them.
And we topped them with fighter jets.
And since we couldn't go see fighter jets, Ethan chose to have a party at the laser tag place which is almost just as good.  Isla was my buddy during the first game while the boys all went and played, we got the room set up.
WE got them all little camo bags with finger lasers, dog tags, tiny helicopters, and Ethan's favorite little Debbie treats.
And Ethan's cupcake we topped with a 10.  I kind of can't believe he's in double digits and I now need to buy 2 candels!
After the first game, all the boys came back to eat pizza and cupcakes.
And to compare scores of who shot who and who'd been the best during their game.

See?  Camoflage!  It actually was really easy, just color the batter 4 different colors and then spoon in.
And then it was time for the second game.  First, everyone had to line up to choose their code name.
Isla was meanwhile obsessed with this driving game in the lobby.
Until I made daddy contain her.

Yep, there's the big birthday boy.
I played the second game along with Isla and everyone else.  I tried to take pictures but they didn't turn out at all.
Time to sing!
And then the Laser Tag place has a tradition of toilet papering the birthday kid.
So Ethan got toilet papered.


And then there were presents.

And Sunday night we did the real cake for family dinner.  Ethan saw this on Pinterest with a 6 year old cake where the 6 was made by the clouds trailing a jet.  I did my best to make a 1 and 0 in the clouds.
Sadly I think I needed a denser cake than strawberry shortcake or else the fondant clouds were too heavy.  They mostly stood up straight.  But this little guy didn't care at all and was very happy with his fighter jet cake.
And even if the cake was flimsy and a little pulled apart by the 10 topper, it was delicious!

And I snuck in 10 trick candles all spread around the cake so in the end the entire family had to jump in and help him keep them blown out.

No comments: