Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

Usually I only get to help with one of the school parties, but this year since they were scheduled at different times and the 4th grade was desperate for extra mommies, I got to see both kids.  I was feeling overwhelmed with other things so I just grabbed our Valentine card box and brought that as an activity.  The kids loved it, it was mostly not messy, and they were quiet and engaged.  Perfect!
Another mom was more adventurous and brought supplies to make door hangers.

And of course there was bingo like always.
And then the best part of all- several moms got together to do a waffle bar.  They seriously brought in waffle makers, mix, spray, and then way too many toppings to count including fruits, sprinkles, marshmallows, syrup, and even homemade whipped cream.  These kids are spoiled!
Ethan's party was a little more tame.  I got their in time for passing out of cards.
Then they all went out to play a group game.
Back inside for my craft- the ever popular card making.  It may not have been the favorite activity of the kids but they all seemed happy to write and decorate and give a card and I was happy it was so mess-free and calm.
Here's Ethan next to his Valentine's box- Bob from Monsters vs. Aliens.  Every year we spend some time on pinterest perusing the boxes other people have made and then we copy them.  This was Ethan's instant choice.  And pretty easy with some blue spray paint and cardstock.  I'm realizing now I forgot to take any pictures of Isaac's box.  He made a giant minecraft creeper out of shoe boxes and little squares of paper.  It sadly was very cool.

No comments: