Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's That Time of Year!!!

YAY!  YAY!  YAY!  They're going back to school!!!  And they're just as excited as I am!!!
Seriously I love my kids so much and I am excited for summer every year when it rolls around.  It's nice to not be up early and following a schedule.  It's nice to have my kids around me and around each other more.  And it's fun to get to do more fun than learning.  But really, school is great too.  They love their friends.  They love learning.  They love a schedule.  And I love having a bit of a break to actually get things done.  Don't get me wrong, this summer has actually been amazing.  I really thought through jobs for the summer and in truth, my house was cleaner that it is during the school year.  And it's because my boys did so much and were so responsible.  And I'm proud of them for that and I think that'a a valuable skill that they know how to clean a house and help out but in truth I think what they learn at school is more important.
So they're off.
Ethan's in 3rd grade at William Penn Elementary.  He has Mrs. Fackler for his morning/Enlish teacher and Mrs. Graham for his afternoon/Spanish teacher.  
He's getting way too big.  His favorite color is still red.
And he's finally lost enough teeth to focus on his cheesy grin.  I love this crazy boy.
Waiting in line for the teachers to come out and get them.  Can't wait to go back.
And a week later was Isaac.  Kindergarten kids start a week late here so that they can all come in individually and get tested.  Isaac was so excited!
Isaac is going to our local elementary where Ethan went for Kindergarten as well.  It's a tight commute for us since their schools are a 10 minute drive apart but start just 5 minutes apart, but we drop off Isaac a little early and he doesn't mind having a little time to play on the playground.  The spanish immersion program doesn't start until 1st grade and since Kindergarten is only half day I decided I'd rather not drive so far in the middle of the day too.  Plus this gives Isaac 1 year to be in the same school as all his primary friends.
Our local PTA is a little over the top (they give all the parents little kleenex packages in case you cry the first day :).  They had this cute chalkboard sign all setup so Isaac could pose in case we'd forgotten to take the historic picture at home.
And then once the bell rang, Isaac was one of the first in line.
Right next to his primary friend- Matthew.  Ethan and Matthew's older brother are on the same football team together so these little two have gotten to spend almost every evening in August playing together on the playground while we hang out at M-F practices.  They were both very excited that the PTA gave them their own boxes of crayons.
And Isaac was excited to show off his lego Chima backpack.
Isla wasn't that thrilled to be strapped in the stroller.  She wanted to play on the playground but there were just too many kids to let her roam.  Miles was off making friends with someone though.
And here they all are:  Mrs. Bitner's 2013 class.  Ethan had the same teacher and she's about the sweetest, most patient teacher on the planet.  I couldn't ask for anyone better for happy, energetic Isaac.
Wave bye!  And have a great year!

No comments: